AN EXPLODING e-cigarette left a man with terrible burns to his face and knocked out seven of his teeth.

According to The Sun, Andrew Hall was getting ready for work and enjoying a vape when suddenly the device blew up in his face.

There is also internal damage to his mouth so he struggles to eat.

Doctors had to remove chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from his mouth, throat and lips.

Scorch marks were left on the wall and the ceiling and the explosion was so powerful it even broke his sink.

Andrew from Idaho said: “I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.”

Vaping is a new craze involving the inhalation of liquid through a device called a vapouriser.

There have been several reports of similar incidents.

Victims of the most serious vape pen explosions have required skin grafts and surgery in the most severe cases.

Dai Nguyen, a consultant plastic surgeon at the Swansea-based Morriston Hospital’s Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery, said: “There have also been reports of e-cigarettes exploding in people’s mouths which resulted in catastrophic injuries similar to those you would experience if you were shot in the face by a gun.”